How can I draw a moe picture?

Share:
■ How can I draw a moe picture?

It seems to be different depending on the person, but in the case of a manager, after being able to reproduce a person (human face), study moe painting and try to draw moe painting. I practiced painting with the procedure. Practice is still ongoing.

Basically, moe and manga drawings are deformed and fairly simplified. Even if you copy a simplified picture, information will be lost. So, starting with a real human copy as much as possible is the basis of the manager's way of thinking. Instead of memorizing the deformed results in the brain, I think that it would be more useful later to memorize the original (real human) shape in the brain.

Will it be possible to draw moe-e when human copying becomes possible? Actually, it is not so easy to draw. Although the administrator himself thought about creating an original cartoon picture, it became a girl's cartoon-like pattern or a beautiful doll-like pattern, and the raw texture remained (that is fine for horror patterns) Though) Until the reality disappears, if you devise it, you may be able to complete a good design.

At one point, I learned that there was a book about how to draw moe pictures, so I decided to study. Because if you are drawing a new shape for the first time, you can't draw it without first drawing and studying. This is because I knew it from my previous practice.

As a result of studying, Moe-e has a baby element built in ... I have never copied a baby. So even if I studied the pattern, it would have never been a moe. Anyway, I could get enough information just by reading a book. This is a moe picture. It was important to know that. Moe-e picture seems to have come to the present after inheriting various ideas of the predecessors. So studying is quick.

■ Moe-e original copy and fancy angle

For the first time, I copied the original Moe-e picture. The upper left of the four is a copy. The other three were angled with fantasy.


In the upper left of the four pictures, the administrator appropriately copied the prototype of the face that was written in the book. The replication accuracy is quite low. The original picture is on “How to Draw Moe Characters: Face / Body” P33 (Fukan Front).

Actually, I had a hard time already at this stage. The balance between the left and right eyes is quite difficult, and it is a repetition of erasing and drawing with an eraser and pencil. Eventually, when I checked the difference by stacking paper on the book, I realized that the perspective of the face was taken into account.

I found that the upper left face is a picture drawn from diagonally above. So the lower part of the eye is smaller. The size of the left and right eyes will vary considerably. That's why I decided to draw a picture from three angles. These three pictures are the images of the administrator's brain on paper. Picture seen from diagonally below (upper right), picture seen from above (lower left), picture seen from below (lower right).

What happens when you see the Moe picture from the bottom? Human and animal faces do not look very beautiful when viewed from below. Still, I drew it as a trial. I was at a loss as to what the chin part should do, but as a result of trial and error, it became like the bottom right.

I forgot to draw, but Moe Head is basically a sphere. Draw parts such as eyes in the lower half of the sphere. Other details are described in the book, so you should refer to them. Also, the images are drawn appropriately by the administrator, and information is missing. Therefore, when practicing, it is better to copy while looking at the book. Please do not copy while watching the picture of the administrator.

■ I tried to draw an ori character for the first time

I tried to draw the original character after the above practice as a test.


I was able to draw a picture like the one above. I didn't know how to draw the hair or torso, but it was the result of a picture like this. As a character, there is no charm. However, when I draw it, I realize that there are many things that I still have to study, such as how to draw hair and how to write the facial expression of the body.

■ Study Moe eyes

So far, the pictures drawn by the administrator are unattractive to the eyes. Why? The figure below is not an imitation but an administrator's original. A rough drawing to demonstrate the results of eye research. My eyes started to get attractive.


I was thinking of looking at the pictures of various people, but first of all, attractive pictures are attractive to eyes. And hair. A picture that has no doubt and has no waste in its outline. I think these are the smallest common points of attractive pictures. The only way to be able to do the latter is to keep drawing until you get bored.

The level of the administrator's picture is an early level where the shape is still learned, but I wanted to draw an attractive character, so this time I studied Moe eyes.

As a result of observing the eyes of other people's moe pictures, it became clear that they were “three-dimensional structures” that emphasized the structure of the eyes at a level that was not possible in reality. It wasn't an image of magical eyes on the ball.

The one on the upper left of the above picture was drawn to demonstrate the research results. Above and below the right side of the figure are pictures drawn by moving the position of the nose and mouth. A difference in the character of the characters appeared.

■ Original character drawn after eye research


Even if you do a little research, the picture will change drastically without practice. What is wrong with my picture? The picture will evolve as you continue to search. It is necessary to draw as an original picture to confirm them.

However, it has become somewhat boyish. Rather, gender is unknown. I'm going to draw a girl.

■ Original character made girlish

The day after studying the moe eyes, I tried trial and error on the chin and finally became a girl.


This character is a draft of a character who is thinking of making it appear in his own STG game. Once you have decided on the characters and mechanics, you can start development, but you can't make an attractive character. In the first place, I can't draw a picture, so I practice in this way.

■ I finished the exercises for the upper body of the human body, so I drew it.

"Original character made girlish" Original STG character draft. I tried to draw with the world of the game. This is not an imitation but an original character rough. There is a part that is not possible because it was drawn with momentum.


I have guns in both hands, but I couldn't fit in the paper and became a mysterious pose. Rather, I haven't practiced human hands and arms yet, so I can't draw.

There is room for improvement because the eyes feel old and the three-dimensionality of the eyes is somewhat uneasy. Is your eyebrows strange? After drawing, I found out that I had to practice my hair (I don't know why) and the outlines of my hair and torso were stiff. I think this is because I don't practice body training or clothes for moe. The parts that are not practiced are ambiguous because they are ambiguous.

As for the character, it has become quite alive. It seems to be important to draw with your eyes in mind.

■ Start practicing hair.

I resumed drawing practice after a few weeks. The software development was so busy that I couldn't practice at all. The goal was to update once a week, so I decided to start with hair practice for the time being.

As for the face, even if it is a two-dimensional picture, it has been found that it becomes quite a matter of being aware of the three-dimensional effect.

I think the same can be said about hair, but even when I read Moe-e-related books, I can't digest how to draw hair.

Why can't I digest it? The expectation is that there are a lot of sensory elements, and it may be necessary to practice every day and learn from the body. You can't draw beautiful hair unless you can draw beautiful long lines. I have that feeling.

As a result of trial and error, I was able to draw the following picture. This is an original character, but the character's character is reproduced from a human photograph and reproduced as a moe character.


I hadn't done any painting for about 3 weeks, but my brain learning progressed in the background and it became like Moe-e.

However, I still need to practice, so I would like to continue practicing, but for the time being, I would like to make this character complete for the next pixiv up.

■ The neck was off and redraw

I noticed while putting a color in the draft of "Beginning hair practice". The neck and head are out of position.

As expected, the position was misaligned, so I decided to redraw it. The following is the result of redrawing. The character has changed.


Does this hairstyle look good with different clothes? I thought that if I changed my clothes somehow I wanted to change my eyes and became a different character.

I had drawn it after reading the book, and the atmosphere of the painting has changed. I think that the line has become softer since I started practicing hair.

I would like to introduce the practice results up to this point in “How to Practice Hair”. Your hair practice may continue.

■ Research on facial parts balance 1

“The face is the biggest attraction of the picture. You should practice your face thoroughly.”

Practice and color the body. Composition of the entire picture and visual ingenuity. No matter how you improve their quality, if your face is unattractive, you will be disappointed.


As you can see, the space around the nose seems to affect the appearance of the picture (the face's most attractive feature is the eyes, so it goes without saying that additional practice and research are necessary for this).

I think A and B are balanced face parts placement. A has a large white eye and B has no white eye. I get the impression of boys and girls. In B without white eyes, you can balance by drawing the eyelashes to the outside as shown in the figure. If this doesn't exist, it will feel creepy.

C has white eyes. D has no white eyes. The space around each nose is widened. You can see that somehow you get a “dull” impression. When the nose space is open, it looks strange and poor. If you open the nose space, you may have to draw a real nose.

In the meantime, if the facial space is tightened, the attractiveness of the face will increase. However, C and D are public illustrations in the sense that it removes the tension? I think that it is a pattern that can be used in typical applications. C and D are not suitable for beautiful illustrations. (I personally think that the feeling of tension is moe is a moe ... but there is a drawback that it looks bad). The pictures drawn by the administrator tend to be empty, so I want to pay attention to it.

■ Research on facial parts balance 2

Even if you draw the parts of the eyes properly, it will be a serious thing if you make a mistake in the way the face space is taken.


First, A, but if the left and right sides of the eyes are wide, the eyes will feel closer to the center. It looks like a monkey.

Next, as for B, if the outside of the left and right sides of the eyes is narrow, the eyes will appear larger and feel shocking. Unless it is a manga or character aimed at some special effect, it will be severe.

I think C is a balanced parts arrangement. In the case of narrow eyes, there is no problem even if the space of the nose is open to some extent as shown in the figure. For D, the left and right outer sides of the eyes are slightly wider. The eyes look small and feel sober.

The conclusion is that if there is a wasted space on the face, the picture will look bad. Even if there is nothing, it will be part of the picture.

Depending on the shape of the facial parts, the appropriate placement method will vary. The tension of the picture can be controlled by arranging the parts. Exquisite parts placement and space will affect the impression of the size of each part and change the attractiveness of the face.

Cre: studio-arts.bglb.jp

No comments